The green turtle “Chelonia mydas” is the only species in the family of Chelonia. They are found trough subtropical and tropical waters around the world. The name itself comes from the green fat that are found underneath their shell. It’s one of the most famous creatures in Philippines and you can find them napping, eating or swimming just offshore Quo Vadis Dive Resort.
Did you know…
- The Green turtle can reach a weight up to 300 kilogram.
- They can become up to 80 years old.
- Female turtles crawls up on the very beach they were born on, to dig their nest. It’s still unknown how they find back to their birthplace.
- They will put down an impressive amount of 100 – 200 eggs and two months later the eggs will hatch and the five cm new-born turtles will crawl against the big blue to start their journey.
- Even if they look like a very slow-moving creature they can reach a maximum speed of 56 km/h!
- They can hold their breath from 4 – 7 hours
- Its two divided groups of the green turtle. The pacific green turtle is more black in the colour and the Atlantic has a more green colour.
Do you want to witness this beautiful creatures with you own eyes? Contact email@example.com or look into our web page www.quovadisresort.com and we will make sure you can meet this fellow in it’s natural habitat.